$325 / Five Weeks
In these one-on-one consultations I will work with you to improve your portfolio and educate you on all the professional aspects of this challenging field. These consultations are the perfect tool for advancing your career—whether you’re a recent illustration graduate who needs more education, are a creative professional looking to transition into this field, or are already a working illustrator who wants to get to the next level. Since the consultations are one-on-one, they’re tailored to your needs.
About the consultations
A consultation package consists of five (5) one-hour meetings either via Skype or in-person in NYC at my studio in Greenpoint, Brooklyn. Meetings will take place once a week for five weeks. During the sessions I will:
- Go over your work in-depth and discuss how it can be improved.
- Review your website and determine areas that can be strengthened.
- Discuss your illustration goals and give practical advice on how best to achieve them.
- Give helpful personalized homework assignments.
- Provide guidance on a promotional campaign. At the end of the five weeks, you will be ready to dazzle art directors with a new promotional mailer.
- Answer any questions you have about the business of illustration.
Session dates and times are flexible.
I have been in the business for sixteen years and have worked for almost every type of client there is. I’ve done editorial work (NY Times, PlanSponsor Magazine), advertising work (AbelsonTaylor, SpotCo), animation (Augenblick Studios), and my artwork and designs have been featured on the book covers of virtually every major U.S. publisher. I’m the illustrator of the best-selling James Patterson novel Middle School: Big Fat Liar and have authored and illustrated my own middle-grade titles recently published by Amulet Books. Additionally, I’ve been teaching Illustration at Parsons School of Design for the past thirteen years and have helped many students become successful illustrators. You can view my current portfolio and see a larger list of clients at neilswaab.com if you’d like to learn more.
A five week session costs $325. Get yours today!
To order, please fill out the form below and let me know what dates and times work best for you. Once we finalize the arrangements, I’ll request payment either through Paypal or Venmo and we’ll be on our way!